NMISA Bursaries Programme
NMISA is offering an Honours degree bursary at a recognised South African University. The degree must be completed within a one year period based on the technical needs of the Dosimetry Section of the Ionising Radiation division. Upon completion, the bursar will be required to work for a period of one year at NMISA. NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus the bursar will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) units in the Ionising Radiation division.
The successful candidate will be provided with a dosimetry project that is aligned to the laboratories needs to meet the requirements of their Honours degree.
NMISA Bursaries Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and deadline conscious
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written reasoning
- Good writing skills and fluency in English and required (reading comprehension)
- Good planning and organising skills with an analytical approach to work tasks
- Compliant in order to follow organisational and laboratory rules such as policies and procedures
- Honesty and ethical behaviour is of the utmost importance when delivering on assigned tasks within the NMISA
- Ability to function within a team to achieve a common goal
The NMISA Bursaries Include
The full costs of registration and tuition, residence fees and an allowance for study material and prescribed books. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations. Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to advance their studies beyond an Honours degree.
Please note: The NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation.
How To Apply
Complete the bursary application form obtained from their website (download here), a CV, copies of qualifications and full academic record and copy of ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 086 266 5529.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. By applying for this bursary at the NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAPS in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.